Fly fishing for trout is very popular at Llandegla Fishery, especially throughout the winter months. All of our lakes are spring fed by the original Alyn Beck which runs from Llandegla Moor at the top of our fishery and eventually becomes the River Alyn running through Loggerheads, Mold and onwards. Our water colour can be ‘Gin clear’ to ‘Bovril brown’ depending on temperatures and rainfall, which all adds to the mix for interesting and varied fishing.
We introduce stock on a regular basis from our holding tanks or direct from our suppliers at Chirk and Whitchurch in an effort to give consistent fishing for across our lakes, even through the harder summer months.
- Two trout pools (approx. 1 acre each)
- Both stocked with Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Tiger Trout, Gold Trout & Blue Trout up to 15lb. We also have a natural stock of stunning Rudd that are more than happy to take a dry fly.
- 2 disabled pegs available
- 1 Fish Ticket 2 hours £16.00
- 1 Fish Ticket 4 hours £21.00
- 2 Fish Ticket 4 hours £25.50
- 2 Fish Ticket 6 hours £29.00
- 3 Fish Ticket 8 hours £35.00
- 4 Fish Ticket All Day £45.00
- Sporting Ticket 2 hours £12.50 – Con. £11.00
- Sporting Ticket 3 hours £16.00 – Con. £13.00
- Sporting Ticket 4 hours £19.00 – Con. £16.00
- Sporting Ticket 6 hours £25.00 – Con. £21.00
- Sporting Ticket 8 hours £30.00 – Con. £26.00
- Concessionary discount applies to Sporting tickets only (Seniors, Disabled & Under 14′s)
- Maximum 4lbs take-home limit
- No browns or tigers to be taken or killed
- Barbless hooks only
Fly suggestionsThe usual suggestions of Cats Whisker, Tadpoles, Montanas, Fritz and Damsels will always catch fish. Small flies that always produce are Hares Ear, Pheasant Tail, Diawhl Bach, Bibio, Spiders, Buzzers and Bloodworm. Warmer months produce great hatches of Buzzers, Damsels, Hawthorns and Sedges and great sport can be had on a warm evening with C.D.C’s and F’ fly’s. Please see board in tackle shop for most up to date catches and ‘hot’ flies.